Fostering neighborhood participation to protect and care for elderly citizens
NEXT DOOR aims to promote social capital within neighbourhoods, fostering protection of elderly citizens & increasing levels of self-esteem & quality of life. NEXT DOOR relies on the development of skills of professionals working for the community at the local level, improving technical & social competences to support better job performance & their contribution to the cohesive region, putting together community organisations & training providers.
The objectives of the project are:
- To engage multi-level stakeholders in response to elderly needs, by local co-creation workshops
- To build a digital tool for mapping local resources and offering information on how to support & referral the process
- To raise awareness on general public & neighbours on the importance of community’s social capital
- To design and pilot a capacity-building programme for professionals (from the community, social, health sectors) & policymakers (municipalities, government, etc.)
- To build gamification resources to support the learning activities, awareness events, and assessment
- To launch local social resources groups to setup recommendations
- To create a model which packs methodology, resources, results from piloting, follow-up assessment, and case studies, as well as a business model and replication
ACEEU GmbH, Germany
Consorci de la Ribera, Spain
Amadora Inovation EM Unipessoal Lda, Portugal
1/09/2020 – 31/08/2023 (36 months)
More information at: http://www.nextdoor-project.org/
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.