Promoting a Career in the Third Age
The mission of SILVER project is to provide tools and learning resources for age-friendly workplaces for all sectors. The SILVER project aims to create a coordinated response for the promotion of a career in the third age, that addresses a two-fold ambition: on the one side, managers, HR, and other interested professionals are given awareness, strategies and learning tools to a structured way to contribute to career extension or preparation of retirement, enhancing their readiness to support older workers; on another side, older workers themselves are aware of the challenges of ageing and empowered for active ageing within the workplace, either to keep working for longer or to support a smooth transition to retirement.
SILVER specific objectives are to:
- Identify promising practices & work methodologies on active aging in the workplace, by sounding old people themselves and HR departments
- Raise awareness on organisations from different sectors (public, private, non-profit) about their practices & initiatives towards an age-friendly workplace and the improvements needed
- Promote self-awareness on older workers about their sense of preparation and acceptance for retirement
- Create an active learning programme, which responds to the needs of organisations and their HR staff in implementing an age-friendly workplace
- Design and develop a toolbox to promote a career in the third age for older workers, within organisations from different sectors (public, private, non-profit), based on previous findings.
- IO1: Examining the field by inspiring practices and storytelling: a collection of desk and field-based-research with 35 inspiring practices, 50 stories of retired older people, and 35 interviews of managers and HR, to analyse the perspective of end-users, make awareness on the topic and provide recommendations
- IO2: Self-assessment Tool on Active Ageing in the Workplace delivered online, on 2 sides: a) awareness of organisations and their use of active ageing policies in the workplace, their preparation for retirement both for their older workers and for their teams; b) consciousness of older workers on their acceptance and preparedness for retirement
- IO3: Ageing, working and living – New training workplace for the valorisation of third age workers: development of a training course for 112 managers and HR staff.
- IO4: Toolbox to promote a career in the third age: the use of design thinking to create a model of psychoeducational intervention with 21 tools and tested with 35 older workers engaged in workshops delivered by partners.
SILVER seeks for more age-friendly workplaces and more older workers with increased job satisfaction, raising awareness on employers and employees and increasing the ability of managers and HR staff to implement tailor-made measures.
1/09/2020 – 31/08/2023 (36 months)
Check the project’s Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/silver.euproject
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.