Creating positive attitudes and behaviors
Mentor+ focuses on designing an intervention of non-formal education, offering the mentoring methodology to engage, connect and empower young people in conflict with the law. The main goal of the project is to upscale already existing mentoring programmes and develop a Mentoring Programme targeting juvenile offenders, through the use of digital means. Mentor+ is also focused on digitalisation.
- Design & pilot a mentoring programme for justice-involved youth in order to avoid their incarceration/ institutionalization.
- Create a Handbook for the mentors to support them in mentoring justice-involved Youth
- Create and pilot a mobile application to support mentors and mentees in real time
- Support more than 60 juveniles at risk of deviant behaviour/ in conflict with the law to reintegrate into society and have a life without crime, by offering them the opportunity to contact with a role model (peer mentor)
- Create opportunities for transnational cooperation and exchange of practices between professionals and volunteers working in the juvenile justice system.
- Establish a community of practices within the partnership and beyond it to support the project implementation, strategic evaluation, and dissemination.
Expected outcomes of the project
The project foresees the following results:
- A Mentoring Programme for justice-involved Youth
- A Mentors’ Handbook for mentoring justice-involved Youth
- A mobile application to support the mentoring programme
Amadora Inovation, Portugal
De Touter, Belgium
I&F Education and Development, Ireland
Asociatia Vis Juventum, Romania
San Giuseppe Onlus, Italy
01-03-2022 – 01-03-2025
Project website: www.mentorplus-euproject.org
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.